Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

And all through the house not a creature was stirring except Mommy, Daddy and the Doggy.

We are done wrapping everything and doing our pre Christmas parent thing. Hubs is prepping stuff for tomorrow's dinner and I am baking an (premade) Apple Pie. We have the fire going and have each had a smore and it's almost time to relax.

Tomorrow is going to be our tiny man's first Christmas and our first Christmas without K. We will be picking him up the day after.  The girl received the most gifts in the Carter household.  K will have bunches of gifts from his mother's side of the family and that's partially why I justified not getting him the same amount.  Also, his behavior over the past year didn't warrant in my eyes an extravagent Christmas.

We attend our first ever Christmas Eve services at a church. I personally have never attended services and to my knowledge the Hubs hasn't either. It was an awesome event for me and I loved having my family their hearing the story of the birth of our Lord. My only worries were that the New Guy woke up when service started and part of the service we lit candles. R had her own candle and I also worried about her long blonde hair and a flame being in the same vicinity.  Hubs handled that one nicely since I was holding said New Guy.

I also got some sad news from a family member whose Christmas was somewhat ruined.  I pray for his decisions and that the Lord lead him on the correct path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home