Monday, August 1, 2011

So far so good

K has been here for 3 days now and it's not going that bad. I think all of my apprehension about his visit may have been unfounded.....OR I could voice that and his behavior will go down the tubes. It's a wait and see kind of thing.

We picked him up Friday and he was wearing a white "wife beater" tank top. This resulted in my going "oh goodness he's been dressed by the wardrobe department of cops." It also appears that is mostly what he packed. We are working on buying him different shirts so he has something to wear out in public.

So he has Xbox live now. This is good news because this will be a way for he and the Hubbs to be able to communicate without his ex wife feeling the need to always have her nose in their business.

She's also called to talk to Kaleb twice since he's been here. I can tell by his face that her calling gets on his nerves because he's a boy. Most 10 year old boys don't want to talk to their mother's on the phone on a daily basis.  Most 10 year old boys probably wouldn't want to talk on the phone in a yearly basis.  Also, the ex wife says she doesn't have the internet.  I think it's kind of hard for K to have Xbox live without the internet.  I just don't see the reason she feels she needs to lie.

K is also calling the new husband Dad as well. I'm not surprised. Kevin and I were married for maybe 7 months before he started calling me mom when he was 3. I think she and this guy got married in March or April and have been together since November.  Did I mention he's a convicted felon?  I looked up his arrest record because with things like that you can't be too careful. It looks like a lot of his issues were during his youth. I'm a firm believer in rehabilitation. He genuinely seems to care about Kaleb.  The ex wife says it's nice to finally have someone to share her life with. Given our history I am fully glad that she's happy. She says they plan on many more children. It will be interesting to see how K handles that when it begins.

We've been enjoying our time as a family.  I really wish it would happen more often but every time we've tried to schedule a visit since he went to live with her she changes the drop off times at a whim or she will call and say that K doesn't want to come.  I just wish they would realize that he is the child and they are the adults.  They need to stop letting him run the show and go along a schedule. Kids need structure and routine. Also, hopefully when school begins again we can go back to a normal schedule and not 4 months without seeing him.  I also stole from another blog and implanted the idea of having a weekly phone call. I just don't want Kaleb to ever feel like we didn't put forth the effort.

I'll be updating again in a few days if anything else warrants an update!

I ask for prayers. I'm hosting  a student sleep over with a few girls I haven't gotten to hang out with a bunch so pray for patience for me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home