Wednesday, May 11, 2011

et tu pta

We are moving elementary schools. this means the mini me is going to attend a brand spanking new school. comically it's on the "other side of the tracks" figuratively and literally. But I digress.....

So, the new school is forming a PTA. This sparks an internal debate.  While I want to be involved in the kids school stuff I am just so freaking busy.  Plus I did the PTA thing for Kaleb a couple of years ago......no really I did.....stop laughing.

Anyways, I paid my $12 PTA dues and didn't make one single freaking meeting. I'm pretty sure my absence wasn't noticed but I want to be involved. 

I have delusions of grandeur that I can start my political world take over at an elementary PTA.....just kidding FBI.

So, now I am faced with the whole do I want to give up a couple of nights a month and whenever they need me to be a PTA person.  Do I really want to deal with the stemming insecurity and resentment of snubs by stay at home moms that will probably all be justified in my head but don't really occur?

What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Judging by the neighborhood the new school is in, I think we are the ones on the "other side of the tracks". That neighborhood makes ours look like a crack den!

May 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Dana said...

If you want to join the PTA then join. Honestly i dont go to any meetings, i pay (its 5 here) and sign up for certain volunteer days such as field day. Dont get me wrong i help alot with the PTA on the side with a friend but they honestly dont expect you to be at meetings unless your on the board.

May 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home