Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabin Feva!


Have I mentioned I live in Texas? It RARELY snows in Texas. It's rarely in the teens with wind chills to the left of 0. We rarely have the white stuff on the ground for more than a day or two. However, for the last 3 days it's been freezing cold and most of us have been cooped up in the house with kids. It's always fun to have that first snow day. It snowed so much that even my work closed. Which they NEVER do. Tuesday and Wednesday I worked all day from home. I am just not a fan of driving on ice with my kids in the car.

Today we are home for a third day in a row. I am not feeling well and have been having some flu like symptoms. I had planned to go to the doctor but there are no appointments available. The hubs finally dug his car out of the ice, which was parked at the end of the driveway and was blocking mine in. He's been at work all day and reports are it's very very slow.

Witten is taking his first nap that has lasted longer than 20 minutes for the first time this week. I think the sitter is jealous because his naps at her house last week were much longer. Rylan is in my room watching cartoons while lounging in my bed. I think she's the only one who isn't bored out of their mind.

I know I will force myself to go to work tomorrow. I am kind of ready. I had to go back last week for 3 days, this week I will have worked 2. I'm ready to work a full week and get it over with. I miss baby boy and this is making it harder to be away from him. I know that sounds strange but I have to throw myself into my work or I will just sit all day wishing he were there giving me his gummy baby smile.

 Cute huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home