Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You can't fix crazy

So, I have my mother blocked on facebook. I don't speak to her. PERIOD. Why you might ask? Because you can't fix crazy.

My mother isn't and hasn't been a mother since I was about 11. When I was 11 my parents marriage was over. Even though they couldn't tell, I could. How could I tell? My mother used to drive my brother and I to school and she would drop him off first and bad mouth my father all the way to my school.

My mother is one of those persons that will drain her children's bank accounts and never repay them. My mother is one of those persons who always put her own needs head of mine then denied doing so.

After years of mental and physical abuse I decided that I didn't feel like she was a healthy person to have in my life anymore. What was the final draw? An argument over money. In a previous blog I mentioned my mother's last known suicide attempt where I moved in with her to support her. She promised to pay me back one day.  There came a day where I had to "borrow" money owed to me to make my own bills and at this point she had not paid back the full amount owed. So after hitting my brother up for money and being denied she calls me screaming demanding her money back. I decided I was tired of being screamed at and belittled by my own parent. Hence, we have not talked in a year and a half.

I know per the Bible I am supposed to honor my mother. She just makes it so very hard. My life has been drama free. I don't get anxiety every time her name pops up on the caller I.D. She may feel I am keeping my children from her but even prior to cutting communication off she wasn't exactly an involved grandparent. Plus if I can save them from the same crap she put me through I feel justified in my actions.

So, she's blocked on facebook. All the way blocked. I got tired of her going on my friends pages and other family members and talking about me. Calling me names etc. The same verbal abuse that has existed my entire life spewing from her mouth.

Moral of the story? Facebook privacy options saves sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home