Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year

I don't see how stay at home moms do it. I had a week of 3 kids by myself. That's enough to drive anyone to crazy town.

This was our first time having K for more than a weekend. It was a mixed behavior time. While he took the time to play with his sister he used it as time to alternate between playing nicely and saying things that hurt her feelings.  We only had a couple of instances where he put his hands on her. Each time he was reprimanded he chose to lie even though I caught him with my own eyes. Apparently he thinks I will believe I am just seeing things.

It seems his first reaction to ANY question is to lie. Even the simplest of questions prompted a lie.

"K did you brush your teeth?"
"Yes"
"There's is no tooth paste in your bathroom. How did you brush you teeth?"
"Um I don't know."

A simple, "not yet" would have sufficed. He's horrible at lying so honestly, I don't know why he even tries. I also found a flashlight in his bag that he has been using to stay up after bed time to read at our house and his moms. I am firm believer in kids needing their sleep. I took the flashlight so he could get some rest and forgot to slip it back into his bag. I let him mom know.  She laughed. A lot. It was quite funny. She really seem to care how his behavior was this week. It's nice to know that someone else is on my side to keep him from behaving however he wants to behave.

Enough about that....

It's the New Year. I've decided that this year I am going to take control of my life. Financially and Fitness wise I want to be on top of everything. I set a budget for our family and we will be sticking to it come hell or high water. The days of being in financial straights is over for us.

I also am going to be focusing on my weight. I had overweight parents (sorry dad if you're reading this) and I don't want to be one. I have a lot of self esteem issues because I didn't just let myself go in the weight department. I took my weight out to a deserted area and set it free and it has run wild for a few years now. I learned a lot of my self hate from my mother who always seemed to be on one diet or another. She also loved to point out my flaws or weight issues if the opportunity arose. I refuse to do that my kids. If I can start now then I can teach them the importance of being healthy. Hubs will be my work out partner. We have all of the stuff in the house, we just need to use it.

As a family we are doing a lot more togetherness this year.  Meals will now be eaten at the dining table instead of the coffee table. We also decided that we will take this time to read the Bible as a family. We want to worship Christ as a family. In the year we've been attending church we have grown so much closer and we want to continue with that.

These are my plans. I know I rambled on a bit.....but hey...if you know me in real life you know I talk a lot anyways. Do you really expect me to be short and to the point in print?

1 Comments:

Blogger Snoop Bloggy Blog said...

I always tell people that I can handle my kids in small doses. By the time the weekend has come and gone I am READY to go back to work!!

January 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home