Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I have faith envy

This weekend will mark the 1 year anniversary of when our family decided to give a local church a try and found a home. We have been able to invest ourselves into the community of this church that we are now members. We have accepted the Lord into our lives and are serving him and looking for more opportunities to do so.

With that being said, I have faith envy. I am surrounded by so many people whose lives are so full or their faith. They speak the Good News of Jesus in all things that they do. I find myself being envious of their ability to just speak on Him as much as possible.

I also keep in mind to myself that even though it's been a year I am a new Christian grass hopper so to speak. I feel this year will be when I come into my own to serve the Lord and to speak about Him. To lead my middle school kids and my own children to know Him and to have a relationship with Him.

I resolve to mirror these women of who I have faith envy and to use their examples to display on the outside just how devoted I am to Him on the inside. 

1 Comments:

Blogger vonda curlee said...

Oh MC-
I know how you feel, i felt that same way when we started going there 13 years ago. Not that I have evolved, i'm always a work in progress but yes we are surrounded in our church with women of all ages that truly Love the Lord, I feel privileged and honored to be in their presence, but you hit the nail on the head, as you walk closer to our God you will have your own faith to display to others and they will see that in you as well. Just remember, we aren't cookie cutter christians so, don't ever forget to be yourself and allow God to show up in who you are, so it may not look exactly like another person. That's what is so beautiful about a group of believers that reflect the image of Christ through themselves, so look like Jesus and you will lead the middle school and your children to Him.
Keepin' it real!
vonda

January 13, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home