Monday, January 17, 2011

1 more Monday

I'm trying to think if I ever really can tell people things in my blog that I haven't already said on facebook. Maybe I do just a tiny bit.  Today marks 7 days left of my maternity leave. I'm having mixed feelings on this. I realize this is the end of the largest chunk of time I will probably ever spend with the baby for the rest of his life. It's really gotten me thinking about my career goals.

Part of me says "Hey, I'll become a teacher so I can have summer breaks with them." What happens to this though once they grow up and move away? Can I stomach other people's children long enough to make it a lasting career? Am I the kind of person that can stay home 3 months a year without going stir crazy? The last 3 months of my maternity leave have been great but they have also resulted in noticing a lot about myself.

First observation; I'm way lazy when it comes to cleaning my house normally. I have spent the last 3 weeks hell bent on keeping the house picked up and yes, actually making my bed every day. I admire those moms who have the spotless homes while even despite all of my efforts my house is still very very cluttered.

Second observation; While I love the house that we had built we are seriously lacking in storage space. I will be rectifying by purchasing shelves and decorative storage boxes.

Third observation; The reason behind my giant behind is that I am lazy and I get bored and I eat when I am bored. I know I'm not alone in this but still, I am either going to have to lose this weight or buy an alarm that will sound when I back up.

Fourth observation; I loooooove my family but in the last 6 1/2 years of being a wife and mother I have lost me. I've neglected friendships. I've neglected myself. My husband and I do so much together and are hardly apart. I don't know if that's healthy or unhealthy. I think we are to a point in our marriage that we should be able to and driven to establish lives outside of each other but still be able to come back to our family. If you know my husband you know that he is not always the most social, out going person. If you know me then you know I am the complete opposite.  I am going to concentrate a lot of myself to getting back to me. Aside from not liking my exterior I LOVE my interior. I used to be fun, spontaneous and well.......kind of out there.

So look out world because Missy is coming back! With a few alterations of course. More God and less booze this time. Let's hope for a cutback in the F bombs as well as we all know this will be the biggest tes I've ever had ....  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home