Monday, January 24, 2011

I think I'll keep my power of prayer thanks.

Please explain to me the double standard of persons who do not believe in Christ can feel free to judge people who do but the second that Christ follower brings up their beliefs it's a faux pas and we should just shut our mouths?

I think I will keep my power of prayer thank you. And no, I don't need you to tell me it doesn't work and I'm a follower blah blah blah. And yes, I will speak to you about my Lord and my love for Him. I'm not going to come beating on you with my Bible but if I feel compelled, we can have a chat.

For those friends of mine who think of religion as a crock I hope this speaks to you. That you will stop and think before you think to speak out against a persons beliefs.

To my friends who are Christ followers I hope you as well can respectively stick up for your beliefs when someone thinks it's their place to tell you what a mistake you are making.

I'm not being a proponent of the religious debate. I just think a little common courtesy is in order. I know it's a standing issue that has lasted for generations but darnit. It's SO ANNOYING. What works for you may not work for me. I have seen the miracles Christ has worked in my life. You may choose to say these things happened by chance but really what you think does not matter. What matters is in what is in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home