Friday, January 21, 2011

Life without the internet

I am at the end of my maternity leave and I am running out of things to entertain myself with. So today I sat thinking of what my life would have been like if we had never gotten the internet my freshman year in high school. Back in my day you whipper snappers, not everyone had the internet.

It's amazing the changes my life might have taken.

I would have never met some of the amazing people I am blessed enough to still call friends. I would probably have never seen the movie Anaconda with one of said friends and screamed like a banshee. I would have never driven all over town to visit everyone we knew with another. These friends of mine would have never gone out of their way to drive me where ever because I was the youngest and didn't have a car.

 I would never have met one of the 3 guys I have ever had a relationship with and learned a lot about what I want in a guy.

I would never have had the chance to learn to beer bong (I think).  Would have never been to one of the best New Year's parties I have ever been to still to this day. I would have never dated identical twins (at the same time)  as a result of this party.

I would have never taken the time to try to sell shit via chatroom for the purpose of entertaining my drunken mother and the annoyance of those populating said chatroom.

My mother would have never met my step father. Which means we would have never moved to Grand Prairie. Which means I would have never become friends wit my husband's ex wife's sister.Which means I would not have the little babies that I do.

Isn't it amazing the path you are sent down and the tools God uses to guide us through life? How would your life be without the internet? What are some of the other paths the Lord has taken you down to mold you into who you are today?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Handle Crank said...

Kudos on your blog!
I would never have had Vitty without the internet. Nor would I have found myself in Fort Worth.

Keep em coming, Missy!

January 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home