Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Morther's Day

Today is mother's day. Happy mother's day to all the bio moms, step or bonus moms, moms to be or honorary moms for those of us who have needed you. Being a step mom or the new term Bonus Mom (thanks Leanne Rhimes) is a busy role and I know personally how tough it can be to do all things Mom without the recognition.

This is my first mother's day without Kaleb in almost 7 years. We haven't gotten a phone call or anything from him. We can barely get him to come see us these days between his not wanting to or her coming up with any excuse to not have to meet us that she can make up. I know I have my bitter britches on but I'm working on it. When I get comments like "well when you guys aren't too busy to see him" it makes steam almost literally come out of my ears. Like she forgot she went 4 years without asking to see him once. I guess it really just hurts because I want to know if he's even thinking about me today. Probably not because he's a typical kid. These days mean more to us moms than they do them.

I almost got a wild hair and called my own mother. Then I started over analyzing how she will once again become over bearing and judgemental and that changed my mind. I know, I know....she's my mother blah blah blah but really the past almost 2 years that I have gone without speaking to her have been drama free and so peaceful I am reluctant to give that up.

I can say though that despite it I have had an amazing day. My loves have spoiled me. The husband has waited on me hand and foot. Even cooking specially requested meals.  I GOT TO NAP TODAY!!! Do you know how amazing that is? And I got extra snuggles from my Witten and Rylan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home